Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Broiled salmon with rosemary

Tonight's meal was another one courtesy of Skinnytaste. It was extremely quick and easy to make. The original recipe can be found here


Review: This recipe took about 15 minutes to make from prep to serve. It was one of the easiest recipes I've ever made and, including the fish, only had six ingredients. I was worried that having the fish covered in lemon juice, rosemary and garlic would make it have an overpowering taste either from the lemon juice or the garlic but that wasn't the case. I hardly tasted the garlic and the lemon was just enough to give the salmon some additional flavor. Next time I make it I might sprinkle a bit more salt and pepper on the fish but all-in-all it was a nice, light-tasting meal. While I just had brown rice with it, cooked vegetables would go well with the meal too. The recipe says to cook the fish for 4-6 minutes so I cooked both sides for 5 minutes. If your fish isn't very thick it'll take even faster to cook. I had big enough pieces of salmon that I was able to cut them into six pieces total. I didn't change the ingredient amounts though so if you have more than six pieces I would suggest increasing the ingredient amounts. This is definitely a meal I would make if I worked late because I wouldn't have to wait long or fix a substantial meal, but I also wouldn't have to just have a sandwich or something.

Recipe:

  • 24 oz or 4 pieces of salmon
  • olive oil spray
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tsp fresh, chopped rosemary
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste

Combine the lemon juice, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic. Brush the mixture onto the fish (I put the fish in the bowl then flipped it over so both sides would be coated). Spray the rack of a broiler pan with olive oil spray and arrange the fish on it. Broil about 4 inches from the heat until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, approximately 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness. If the fish is more than 1 inch thick, gently turn it halfway through broiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment